<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <title>HTML Compiler Online</title> <head> </head> <body> <h1>HTML Compiler Online</h1> <div>Welcome to Html Compiler Online tool</div> </body> </html>
Using an HTML compiler online like this is a good idea when you don’t want to bother with another application on your computer. Let’s jump in and check out our editor right now.
HTML Compiler Online
Online HTML editors are browser-based applications that you can use to create and edit HTML documents. Most of them also come with a preview feature, allowing you to see the actual result of your code in real-time.
There are plenty of HTML editors that work offline on your local computer. But compared to them, online alternatives offer many advantages you can find appealing.
In a traditional setup, you will need to use a text editor, or even an IDE, designed for HTML files. In theory, any text editor would work. But a dedicated application comes with useful features for writing HTML, like code highlighting and autocompletion.
Most HTML editors are lightweight, but you will need to spend effort downloading and installing them. On the other hand, you can open an online HTML editor on your browser and write your code immediately without having to set up anything.
Types Of Online HTML Editors
There are two primary types of HTML editors: text-only and WYSIWYG.
The WYSIWYG (which stands for “What You See Is What You Get”) design is geared towards beginners. Editors of this design don’t display the complete code of the page. Instead, it just shows the whole rendered page, just like it would look to an end-user.
Developers can interact with this page to edit it, often with drag-and-drop movements. They don’t have to actually write any lines of code. WYSIWYG editors translate their commands into HTML code for them instead.
On the other hand, a text-only editor shows the full code of an HTML page. They don’t show the look of the final product until you tell it to render the document.
You will need a deep understanding of the HTML markup language to use these editors. But most professional developers prefer them because they provide total control over every component in an HTML document.
Fundamental HTML Syntax
It is easy to create a simple HTML document. Here is an example:
<h1>Welcome to LearnShareIT!</h1>
LearnshareIT is developed to help students learn and share their knowledge more effectively
This example demonstrates the 5 basic components in the structure of an HTML document:
- DOCTYPE: this declaration indicates the type of the document and its specification version. In HTML5, you only need to use a short declaration like the above example.
- <html>: this element follows the DOCTYPE declaration, containing the entire HTML document. Every element and content you write will be located within this element.
- <head>: this element contains metadata about the document. In the above example, we set the title of the web page by placing the <title> element in it. You can also include external scripts and style sheets, declare the character encoding, or set the viewport of the document, among other things.
- <body>: this is where you will need to place all the content of your page. You can only use a single <body> element in an HTML document.
- <h1>: this is one of the section heading elements in HTML. It has the highest order, and you should use one <h1> element to describe the page’s content, even though HTML allows you to use as many of them as you want.
- <p>: each <p> element represents a paragraph. When rendering an HTML document, the browser typically separates it from adjacent blocks by indentation or blank lines.
By using our HTML compiler online, you can start developing simple web pages right in your web browser. This approach has many advantages that beginners may love when picking up their first HTML skills. Don’t hesitate to put your knowledge into practice with our editor. Happy coding!